- 21.8 oz Olive Oil
- 5.3 oz Palm Oil
- 5.3 oz Coconut Oil
- 4.3 oz Lye
- 11.9 oz cold Beauty Water
There are several things you need to know before making Beauty Water Soap. Lye is an irritating agent that can be dangerous to your eyes and throat. Handle carefully, with rubber gloves and safety glasses, and keep far away from children. Also, the utensils, safety glasses, gloves, kettle, etc. should all be reserved for soap-making. Do not use these items for any other purpose. Finally, measure all your ingredients by weight, not volume.
- Combination of 4 tsp fragrant oil + 1 tsp herb. Our favorite combinations are rosemary oil with thyme leaves, lemongrass oil with sage leaves, rosewood oil and bergamot herb, or lavender oil with sage leaves.
- Carefully pour lye into cold Beauty Water, stirring slowly to avoid splashes. This lye mixture will quickly start to heat up in a powerful chemical reaction. Set aside. Now melt the oils together and let them chill to 120 degrees. Cool the lye mixture in cold Neutral Water in the sink until it chills to 120 degrees. When the oils and lye mixture are the same temperature, pour the lye mixture carefully into the oil mixture, stirring slowly. Continue stirring for 45 – 55 min, until it reaches trace (when you can see swirls). Now add the fragrant oil and herb. Pour the mixture into decorative molds, being careful not to splash or make bubbles. Cover with plastic wrap.
- After 24 to 48 hours, the soap can be turned out of the mold. Allow to cure for 3 to 4 more weeks, making sure the air can circulate all around the soap (or you can turn and rotate the bars every 2 days).
- These beautiful soaps make wonderful gift items. Just be sure to let everyone know how healthy the Beauty Water Soaps are for their skin!